Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random thoughts brought about by Jet lag

Ok, on January 9th I left for Orlando, Florida and the AFCA convention. On January 14, I left my hotel at 05.10 to catch an 08.00 flight from Orlando to Chicago then to OKC...spent from the 14th to the 19th with the family back in Blanchard then left the 20th at 07.00 to head back to Sweden and arrived at 07.30 on the 21st...I have yet to get myself on a schedule...which leads to this late night (early morning) Blogg update...
6 THINGS I LEARNED ON THIS TRIP:
1. There is no more motivation to lose weight than fly economy on 6 flights in 10 days.
2. I spoke to more stangers in 10 days in the states than I have in 8 years in Sweden. No offense to my Swedish friends, but people are just more open in the states.
3. There were 8000 coaches at the AFCA convention...I think that is more than the number of players we have in Sweden.
4. I am amazed at the number of people that travel around the world on a daily basis. Truly amazing..
5. My oldest son is 21...He is a man...I am proud.
6. The beer and the coffee in Sweden is better than in the States...it's just true...
THE 5 MOST IMPORTANT WORDS FOR MY TEAM THIS SEASON:
1. Belief
2. Communication
3. Understanding
4. Perserverance
5. Fun
5 THINGS I WONDER IF I WILL EVER SEE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME:
1. A 40 year old QB with a chance to take his team to a Super Bowl and either play against a Rookie QB on the Cinderella team of the year..or against the team led by maybe the best to ever play the position. Everybody was "sick of Bret Farve" 3 months ago...now they wait on the edge of thier seats to see if the story ends like a typical Hollywood ending or a Quentin Tarrentino movie.
2. My Sooners to have another decade like they had the last 10 years. Not totally sure on all this (since I do this for fun, I won't research these facts but I think I got 'em) 1 national championship, 4 times playing for the national championship, 6 time Big 12 Champions...and some people aren't sure if Bob can get it done...I do hope we get a chance to see what can happen in the next 10 years...
3. Seeing 3 major college coaches getting fired for "alleged mistreatment of players".  Hope we never see that again. Not saying anyone is guilty or innocent, but that's just not good news...
4. My 300 pound Center score on a deflected screen pass....from 24 yards out...still amazing...
5. My feet...man, I gotta lose some weight...again...
OK, enjoy the random thoughts brought about by jet lag...big football weekend back in the Mother land...I will say....Vikes and Jets...just because it would make for some unbelievable analysis of how it happened..

No comments: