Wednesday, January 20, 2010

10 days at home

Probably would have been a little smarter to blogg as I went, but there really wasn't alot of time for that. Thanks to my club, The Arlanda Jets, I was able to attend the 2010 AFCA convention in Orlando, Florida and also spend 5 days home in Blanchard, Oklahoma to visit my family. The original plan from the club was to send somebody else over, but that person wasn't able to go so at the last minute the boys at the club found a replacement. I was excited to have the opportunity.
The Run  Down:
Basically my time at the convention was to research a variety of products that we would like to add to our club and the HS program we are running. I had forgotten how much "stuff" was out there to work on the game. I will say that some of the coolest stuff was the video editing programs. If you really want to take your film study to the next level, you have to find a way to get some sort of a editing system. It's increadible what they can do nowadays.
The speakers were great. I heard Chris Pedersson (Boise St), Mack Brown (Texas) Tony Dungy (former NFL HC) and Mike Singleterry (SF 49ers HC) all in one afternoon. Hard not to leave excited.
Familar Faces:
On day two in Floriday, I walked in to the international coaches meeting, just to see who was in there. Low and behold I run into Jan Jemnert and Tyson Gullian from over in Sweden. I had no idea they would be there, so it was nice to see a familiar face. Janne was busy with his Team World preparations, but I was able to spend some time with Tyson and Soren along with Thomas Ahlberg, so it was a good time.
Also ran into my old room mate from when I first got hired at Washburn. Dale Perine. It was great to see him. All in all it was a great time at the convention. Not sure who the club will send next year to Dallas, but I will try to keep a bag packed.
Home Sweet Home:
Needless to say, coming home for a short time was better than not coming home at all. I got to see my Nanny (my Dad's mother). She is clipping a long at 91 years of age. Also got to see the youngest Kennedy, Cooper, who was born to my Brother Mike and his wife Shannon only 8 months ago.
Spending time with my son Jonathan, was priceless. It is a wild feeling when your son is now a man. He is 21. I will right a little more about our Food adventours in the great state of Oklahoma. Just to get your attention I'll write the name of one of the restaurants..."Fat Sandwich Company"...the name says it all. I can say that I had no idea that they even made food like this....anyways...battary is running low on the old Dell, so I just wanted to do a quick update. More to come later in regards to the trip and of course football....

No comments: