Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rambling update

Well it has been a long time since I updated the old blog I figure it's time to start to get it rolling again. Here is what is happening:
1. Recruiting for the National Idrotts Utbildning---This is the program at Arlanda gymnasiet. It allows students to have 1.5 hours each school day to devote to their sport. In my case, I am the instructor for the American Football program. It is a real chance for students to develop not just physically but also their basic knowledge of the game. If you are interested in choosing the program or transfering into the program you can see more information at www.igunet.se/niu.
2. I have been running around doing some school visits and worked two weeks (this fall) with the Swedish Sports Acadamy...that was fun...I had 15-20 kids between 5-7 years of age playing American Football...two one hour sessions for 4 nights in a row...was great exposure for our club and sport. It could lead to a new project of actually starting a U-8 group that will play some flag football and meet once a week this spring...we'll see what happens...
3. This past week I started working in the weight room with our clubs U-15 & U-17 teams. This is a fun and important project. The one thing that is extremely important is that our young kids can learn to develop movement in order to develop strength that will enable them to develop speed/skills...The basic philosophy from Niclas Carlsson, Strength Coach for the Swedish National Teams and the World Team...
4. Going to a big meeting this coming Wednesday with some leaders in the club to make some decisions in regards to the plans with our senior team....
5. Emersing myself in the Jim Mcnally teaching series...I have never met Coach McNally, but someday I hope to...would be great to get him to Sweden for a camp/clinic....
6. Continuing to work with our U-11 program, although other coaches have taken the winter work-outs on Sundays...these guys, Lennart and Mike, are doing a great job!! We have kept a core group active...our goal is 50 U-11 players this spring/summer...
That's a quick catch up...could post more...but if I save a little...it might give me a reason to update a little more often...
Until next time: On, Playside Seam, Backside Seam, Linebacker....

2 comments:

Capitch said...

BD

Its good to see you are still alive and kicking. I heard you fell in love with a good cook and skipped the country.

This is Camron Pitcher.
capitch@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

We'd love to play a game against you guys.

Täby Flyers have about 10 U9 players that are eager to find someone to play against.

Please send me an email at sebbri@gmail.com so that we can talk some more about this!

/Sebastian