Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Real Swedish Vacation

Well, this month of vacation is coming to an end..that's correct...one month. I have never had a vacation like this and it has been great to spend some extra time with my wife and 4 year old. I have peeked at some film and made some plans for the re-start of the football season in Sweden (practice starts August 3rd for us, with our first game Sunday the 8th).  Hard to say what things will look like, but it does look like we will have a lot of guys that missed some time in June back so all we can do is plan to make a run...so that's the plan.

European Championships:
We'll the first game for Team Sweden didn't go as expected. I can't really comment on why..I didn't get to see it. I tried to follow via "live stats" on the internet, but that is not the most exciting way to follow a game. The interesting thing in a tournament like this is that fact that you will play two games in your group. Usually a game then two-3 days rest then another game. What has happened for Sweden is, that in their pool, they lost to France, then France beat England...now Sweden is playing England for a trip to the bronze medal match. I wish the guys, coaches and staff the best. Your reward in this is the game. Nobody get's paid, so I hope that Team Sweden can "cash" their checks and make some great memories vs England and then the eventual Bronze medal match. Heja Sverige...

Contest time:
As is said earlier, Katarina and I bought a summer house...ok, actually it is a place that we will use on a year around basis, but it's cool to call it a summer house..and I think it needs a good name. It has a Swedish name, but I need an American name for it also...so I thought I would make it a contest. I will list the names that I have thought of and you can either pick one of those names or suggest another...
Below are the current suggestions:
     A. "Kennedyrosa"---who have to know who Hoss, Little Joe, Adam, Ben and Hop Sing were to understand that one...
     B. Chateau Lanhnz--Named after my wife..
     C. Camp Kennedy
     D. The Kennedy Compound
     E. Kennedy's Redneck Paradise--I would shorten it to "KRP"..."hey hon, how bout we go on down to KRP for the weekend"...has a nice ring to it....
OK...vote for your name in the comments section...suggest anyother name...vote as many times as you want to...

OK...not so much football in this one, but more to come later. Hope all of you enjoy what is left of the summer...
So until next time...Step...Strike...Drive...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love the Kennedy Compound!

K-flog said...

Coach, I thik you should call it "The Playball Mansion".