Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter in Sweden

Easter in Sweden in the football world usually means football camps. As I have stated earlier, I have decided to try something new for Easter. I am giving the senior players the time to relax and enjoy their families (of course this allows me to enjoy mine) and we will crank it up on April 6th with an 18 practice pre-season camp. Not to bad of a schedule, we will keep weekends free and work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday the first week, then Monday--Thursday for 3 weeks, then break it back down to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We'll see how it goes...in the mean time; how did my Easter start:
ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Samuel loaded in the back seat with the DVD going. He's checking out "Up"....for the 5th time....and no I didn't take this picture while I was driving...the road to Vänersborg is an easy drive but there is a very important stop on the way. Just outside of Enköping is a "little" store where they advertise that it "Maybe the biggest candy store in Sweden" This place is a lineman's dream if that lineman likes candy....
THIS IS HALF THE STORE

I remember going in the store and picking up a plastic bag and a big scooper to fill that bag...the rest was a blur. They have signs posted all over the place that there are "no free samples" and I can honestly say I didn't sample any...but I scoped the place out for cameras and personnel...just in case I stop in there again...anyways..it all led to this...
SAMUEL DOING ONE ARM ROWS
WITH MY BAG OF CANDY!!


What you see in that bag is 100 Swedish crowns worth of candy...mostly chocolate covered somethings...but it is all good...Here is the crazy thing...Katarina pays for her and Samuel's candy, when she saw my bag of candy, she thought it was best that I pay for it. So, she pays for hers and  I get up there...my bag of sweets cost 1 sek more than hers and Samuel's combined. I make an off handed comment to the clerk..."now I have to listen to my wife tell me that that my bag of candy cost the same as two peoples bag"...Then he laughs and says "I remember you, you coach for the Arlanda Jets...American football"...He remembered that the same thing happened the last time we were in there...so I could only laugh and say "see ya when we comeback through on Monday"...
Easter in Sweden...for the first time in 7 years I am not at an Easter camp.....So what am I doing up at 1.00 in the morning...I have been working with my video playbook I am making from the film I have now been able to publish on  www.hudl.com. I spent a little time on the phone with support and things moved rapidly in the right direction....so for now, whether you are spending the Easter weekend becoming a better football player and team or your hanging out with the family, or trying to a little bit of both...have a good one. The season is about 6 weeks away (for those of us not playing Euro Bowl or EFAF cup) and the first kick-off will be here soon....
Until next update...Fit & Fire!!

No comments: